18 May 2010

The Prayer of a Military SO

The Prayer of a Military SO

Dear Lord,

I stand among the silent ranks in the military of the United States of America. To the world, I might not seem like a big part of our military, but in my heart, I am with my significant other through every obstacle, test, and struggle he might face. I wake up in the morning and continue on with life, knowing he is miles away. It is my duty to stand by his side through thick and thin and although I might not be able to travel everywhere he goes, I do know that my prayers reach the hottest desert, the driest land, the deepest ocean, and the greenest plain.

Lord, as you look down upon my significant other, I pray that you above all-- protect him. Protect him from the physical harm that may be in his way. Protect him from the evil of other men’s hearts. Protect him from the thoughts that plague his mind day in and day out. Protect his eyes from all of the turmoil and evil he sees on a regular basis. Protect his heart from wrath, anger, and bitterness.

Lord, give him peace, rest, comfort, and guidance. Remind him that he is protecting our great nation through sacrifice, the same kind of sacrifice You made for our souls thousands of years ago. Give him the peace that You are with him and that it was You who trained his hands to battle and his fingers to fight. Give him rest as he goes to sleep at night, knowing that his life is in the palm of Your hands. Let him take comfort in knowing that you are in control of everything.

While praying for the love of my life, I ask that you bless every person he comes into contact with. Bless the leaders of the foreign countries, bless those that want to harm him, bless his faithful troops that surround him, and bless the leaders of the United States. So many wonder why I pray for blessings to be upon these people, even those that do evil, and that’s because I know that we should pray for our enemies and those that despitefully use us. You are caring, loving, considerate, tender, gentle, and forgiving. I know if you are blessing them, Your spirit and characteristics will be upon them. I pray that every person that my significant other meets will know Your peace, faithfulness, and love.

Lord, keep my family together during these tough times. I stick by my significant other’s side because I cannot imagine life without him in it. And truth be told—I’d rather have him in my life and not have him here, than not have him in my life at all. I know distance will try our relationship and some days, it will not be easy, but I ask that you always remind us of our love and why we started this beautiful journey together in the first place. Give us the grace to be faithful to one another and the patience to withstand the tests that will inevitably come our way.

And last, I humbly pray for myself. I know it’s clichéd, but what I sincerely want is for You to grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

We trust in You.

-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment