14 May 2010

just a little introduction

I'm just a girl with a passion for writing. It's always been the only thing I've felt I do well. I take a few pictures every now and then. I used to be able to truly call it a hobby but not so much anymore.


My life is... well, boring. 


I am completely in love with a man who serves our great country. Our life together thus far has been short, but it's been one big, huge learning experience. I've felt feelings I didn't know were there, feelings I thought I'd buried never to be felt again. I've learned a whole new meaning to the words: respect, honor, friendship and trust. 


I have a life of my own, my own hobbies, my own likes and dislikes. But once you strip all that away, my life revolves around a man who wears ACU's to work. 


I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with this blog yet. I write a lot, but not as much as I should. When I do, it's usually prose. And it usually gets posted on a separate blog created solely for the sharing of my creative writing. However, lately I've been feeling a pull to do something a little different. Or at least create something, a folder or compartment if you will, for the military aspect of my life.


Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with it all and the pieces that surround it, yet I hate mixing it in with what's left of my civilian life. I feel it's extremely important to keep the two separate in order to maintain a sense of who I am without needing a man to define me. 


I've written pieces in the past the were military in subject matter and chose not the share them. I've also written a few that I have. I think it's time to get them all out and do something with them. They deserve to be read. 


If you've made it this far, please keep going...
An idea that I had for this blog was a way to try and answer questions and give advice to other girls who have been where I have [with the military], who are going through things I've gone through... I'm not an expert, I'll be the first to admit that. But I have learned a lot in my short time thus far and I feel like I have a lot to share. 

So if you have any comments, questions, criticism, etc please post it.
It's been a long while since I started a blog from scratch so please bare with me as I figure the ins and outs of this again. 

Looking forward to getting started!
-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment